This blog link is by Paper Furys page See her blog here where we get to introduce our novels- So my first linkup and my novel chosen will be what im working on for Nano- Liberty’s Journey. Here are the questions:
- What inspired the idea for your novel, and how long have you had the idea?
I have had this idea for 3 years on and off when I first wrote it down for a 100wcgu prompt and then it progressed from there!
2. Describe what your novel is about!
It is set in a fantasy world where a kingdom called Apollo is starting to become unsettled- a princess gets told by the gods to kill the king (her uncle) by using a rare flower to break the kings spell of immortality and that it will save the kingdom. The flower lies in the land of her enemy’s and the path is dangerous so she joins up with her new dragon keeper- will she get the flower? will she change her mind? Along her journey things dont add up and now she is unsure of who to trust or what to do.
3. What is your book’s aesthetic? Use words or photos or whatever you like!
4. Introduce us to each of your characters!
Libery- The main character, the Princess of Apollo and the chosen one of the gods
Thadeus- The dragon keeper and fellow servant on the quest- has a pet falcon!
King Crestheart- Is he as evil as he makes out to be????
5. How do you prepare to write? (Outline, research, stocking up on chocolate, howling, etc.?)
I have only done a rough plot outline and abit of research but im still building the world map and what I would like in each chapter- Will see how it pans out! Oh and lots of tea and self doubt! This is my first nano so will just be happy to have a challenge to write for 30 days- as most of the time I only write when inspiration hits.
6. What are you most looking forward to about this novel?
Seeing how it develops as it has taken lots of new paths and a few twists since I first thought of the story.
7. List 3 things about your novel’s setting.
- Think ancient Greece style buildings
- Lots of woodland in between kingdoms
- Big waterfalls and temples in the city
8. What’s your character’s goal and who (or what) stands in the way?
To kill the king- or so she thinks she does before doubts get in the way- oh and trolls😛
9. How does your protagonist change by the end of the novel?
She gains more confidence, learns a few lessons and some home truths
10. What are your book’s themes? How do you want readers to feel when the story is over?
To believe in yourself and too think about your choices- to not be held down by others. Ideally want them to think that it was a good read😛