Hello everyone 🙂
How about a recipe??
Today I thought I would share the recipe I used to bake these mini donuts!
Wanted to make these for ages and now Jess wants a birthday party (next month -how is it that she will be 7!) and so I thought they would make a good addition to the party food 🙂
The first recipe I used was a disaster- the mixture was too wet (5 eggs no flour should have known) and turned out like a soufflé!
I then used similar to my normal cake ingredients but used salt and more baking powder and less amounts – was trial and error really! For half the tin I rolled up baking paper- (tip is really crunch it up and small as it will puff back up) and the other not (cut out a hole once cooled)
Here are the ingredients:
2 cups plain flour
1 cup sugar
3 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup oil
1) Mix all dry ingredients separate to all the wet
2) Roll greeseproof paper into balls (skip if want to cut them out)
3) Fill the muffin tin halfway
4) Put in oven at 200 for 9 mins then leave to cool (cut out the circle if not used the baking paper)
5) Melt chocolate and dip half of the donut in one at a time
And that’s it- you can use icing sugar and food colouring of choice but I wanted melted chocolate 🙂