So this year I decided to grow tomatoes (especially now we have a garden) but as it is now late in the year they would not ripen in time before the frost so yesterday I picked them and made my 1st chutney!
Here are the ingredients:
150g red onion
200g dark brown sugar
75ml red wine vinegar
- Chop onions and tomatoes roughly
- Add the sugar and vinegar
- Bring to boil then simmer till thick and jam like and the colour changes to dark
- Sterilise jars
- Pour into a measuring jug as this makes it easier to pour into jars
- Pour into jars, put lid on and leave to cool
Time wise the recipe I was following said between 40 mins to 1 hour but I left for a further 30 mins till most of the liquid when I dragged the spoon down didnt fall back on itself.
The house smelt yummy! It made 3 jars worth.
Let me know if you gave it a go 😀